Billy earned his Bachelor of Business Administration in 1994 from the University of Mississippi, where he was a varsity football letterman. He obtained his Juris Doctor from Louisiana State University in 1997. While in law school, Billy won the law center's trial competition and was awarded for arguments made in regional appellate competition.
Billy spent the first year of his legal career serving as a law clerk for Mississippi Supreme Court Justice Michael P. Mills (now Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi). Upon completion of his clerkship, Billy practiced several years with Lemle & Kelleher, LLP in New Orleans, Louisiana, before returning to Mississippi to establish a plaintiff’s practice.
Since his return to Mississippi in 2001, Billy has recovered in excess of $230 million in settlements and verdicts in a wide variety of civil litigation and built a strong reputation of professional excellence. Billy's accolades and awards include:
• Martindale-Hubbell® has rated Billy as AV® Preeminent™ since 2005, signifying a reputation of very high ethical standards and preeminent legal abilities among his peers.
• Thompson-Reuters selected Billy for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers–Rising Stars® Edition 2010 and Mid-South Super Lawyers® Editions 2011-2014, which are honors reserved for only the top 2.5% and 5% of attorneys in Arkansas, Mississippi and Tennessee, respectively.
• Best Lawyers® selected Billy for inclusion in the 2011-2015 editions of The Best Lawyers in America® in the practice areas of Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs, Product Liability Litigation-Plaintiffs and Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions-Plaintiffs. In addition, Best Lawyers® named Billy the 2013 Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions Plaintiffs' Lawyer of the Year.
• The Mississippi Business Journal recognized Billy as among the top 40 attorneys in Mississippi by naming him as a member of the 2013 Leadership in Law class.
• The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers™ named Billy one of the top 100 trial lawyers in Mississippi in 2012 and 2013.
• The Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, The Top Trial Lawyers in America® selected Billy for lifetime membership due to his recovery of numerous multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for his clients.
Billy and his cases have been the subject of several news reports and a national television news program. He has also served as a guest columnist for the State’s largest newspaper in circulation, The Clarion Ledger, on multiple occasions.
Billy serves as an Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Mississippi School of Law and regularly serves as a continuing education lecturer on civil litigation topics. Billy has authored several law review and law journal articles. Billy is licensed to practice in all state and federal courts of Louisiana and Mississippi, as well as the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal. He is a member of the American, Louisiana and Mississippi Associations for Justice.
Billy and his wife, Christy, have three children, and reside in Madison. You can e-mail Billy at email@example.com.William M. Quin, II